Originally from North Dakota, I moved to Colorado in 2005. I lived in the Sunnyside neighborhood of Denver for seven years and moved to Golden in 2012. I’m a voracious reader, podcast listener (Armchair Expert is my FAVORITE!) and a busy mom of two boys (a preteen and a teenager…they keep me on my toes!).
I worked as a family law attorney for eight years prior to becoming a doula. My first pregnancy was a bit of a surprise, so I did what I do best and started researching. I quickly realized I wanted to have an unmedicated birth. Our birth doula helped me achieve an empowering birth experience, despite some unexpected challenges. My second son was born at Mountain Midwifery Birth Center, and we were home less than four hours after his birth. We hired a postpartum doula to help us out during the first few weeks and she proved to be a kind, supportive, and calming influence. Our doulas helped me to thrive and have the best births and postpartum experiences possible. During this time, I fell in love with the birth world. I read everything I could, supported my friends after the births of their babies, and asked to hear acquaintances’ (and even strangers’) birth stories. Then, I decided it was time to switch careers. I embraced my passion and am now an attorney-turned-doula!
I originally certified with the Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA) in 2017 and completed the Allo Doula Academy 200 hour Certified Professional Doula program in 2020. I strive to use evidence-based information in my practice and approach all situations with a loving, non-judgmental mindset.
Certifications, Training and Education:
- Basic Life Support (CPR for Healthcare workers) [October 2022]
- Reflexology for Birth, presented by Carmen Davis [September 2022]
- Birthing Advocacy Doula Trainings Abortion Doula Continuing Education [August 2022]
- Spinning Babies Workshop [April 2022]
- Supporting Through Perinatal Loss, presented by Lena Winkler, CPD [March 2022]
- Advanced Lactation Support for Doulas, presented by Katie Halverstadt, BSN, RN, CLE, IBCLC [February 2022]
- Advanced Comfort Measures for Doulas, presented by Krystal Bruchs, CPD [February 2022]
- Whole Body Pregnancy Childbirth Education Training [December 2020]
- Allo Doula Academy 200 Hour Certified Professional Doula Training [Aug – Dec 2019]
- Sleep Matters: Providing Evidence Based Sleep Support for Families, presented by Patience Parenting Services, LLC [April 2019]
- Colorado Lactation Conference [September 2018]
- LGBTQIA+ 101 for Birth Workers, presented by Braving Doula Collective [March 2018]
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA) Postpartum Doula Certification [April 2017]
- Breastfeeding Basics, presented by Amanda Ogden, RN, IBCLC [December 2015]
- Hug Your Baby – Helping Parents Understand their Newborn [November 2015]
- Juris Doctor Degree – University of North Dakota School of Law [May 2005]
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – University of North Dakota [May 2002]